My wife and I recently celebrated our 22nd anniversary. I remembered, she forgot. We were in Cancun at the time, so she gets a pass, lol!
In celebrating our 22 years of “woness,” I thought of some things that have characterized our union. I thought I’d share these:
1. We have always made “us” a priority.
No matter what was going on with our kids, work or family, we never sacrificed our togetherness.
2. We have never taken ourselves too seriously. Life is short and being able to laugh at ourselves has been good for our soul.
3. Praying together has allowed us to face obstacles that would’ve otherwise been very difficult.
4. Serving and encouraging each other has always been at the forefront of our marriage.
5. We modeled a loving relationship to our kids. And although as parents we had successes and failures, we never pointed fingers at each other.
6. Finally, I found out that I love my wife more today than I ever have.
I hope this can serve to both encourage future marriages and strengthen current marriages.
What are some things that have characterized your relationships?