So I wanted to briefly recap the 5 ways to keep your marriage strong with kids because this is such an important topic. Yes, we are to love our kids while they’re being raised.But to do this to the detriment of the marriage is like building a house without a good foundation. Eventually, either while the children are small or after they’ve grown and left, that “woness” will crumble. Remember, the marriage is what sustains the kids NOT the other way around.
1. Surprise gifts- let your spouse know that you’re thinking of him/her.
2. Acts of service- serving each other is a great way to keep connected
3. Date night- this is VERY important. This helps the couple remember why they became “won.”
4. Re-connects- there is a way to coexist with multiple kid activities. Stay in the car and talk or go talk over coffee.
5. Intimacy- this is another area of marriage that cannot be ignored. This can range from cuddling, deep discussions, and the physical expression of a couples love. It may have to be planned and scheduled time but this shouldn’t and can’t dissuade a couple from intimacy.
I hope this recap helps and I pray for marriages that are struggling. May God bless your “woness.”